Monday 26 January 2009

Initial Obstacles

Basic Modelling
Moral is on a low, negativity is high, Team pedro suck..... Just joking we are the complete opposite I just know it winds Alec up. Today myself and Ally babes began modelling the gorillas- properly, while Tom made some helicopter thing for his other project. Straight away we both ran into issues with the 2D concept designs converting to 3D. The way the head attached and was shaped, the way the muscles extended from his shoulder, his body shape, hands etc. All these problems seemed to rise from what looked like a very simple design! We decided that I had made a few mistakes with my front and side views matching up - my fault granted. It was hard to invisinge this particular design from a side angle. Anyway we decided to break it down and discuss how it actually worked and arrived at some decisions on how the design needed to be altered to work. We agreed the body was a simple rectangle pinched at the bottom. The head will sit on the body seperately from the body, not part of the body mesh and rigged seperate - lec assures it will be alot easier and solve problems of necks and wierd stuff happening. We can just parent it later and as Alec said it will look like the head was just stuck on with playdo anyway. The muscles are 2 extruded cyclinders really, just shaped and rounded. I still need to persuade Alec to have them start thick rather than pinch when they meet the body cause that looks pants, and is just cutting corners in my eyes, we can pull off the big muscle shoulders, as I feel overlapping won't be a problem because of the claymation style. Hands caused issues as we arrived at the conclusion that I had designed rather square/jagged gorillas when in fact they should really be rounded because of the playdo aspect. Therefore I think I am going to go with Ally babes on this one and rounded the hands and fingers more. Legs and bum were fine, no issue there - as yet. Head is getting there, still negotiating bottom shape of head. We are keeping poly count low at present and modelling really simply as i have a feeling textures will make our models not detail in geometry. We are allowing ourselves till next wednesday to have models finished completely ready to texture as I will be away thurs and fri of this week. So yeah problems are getting sorted early which is a good thing - i just wish Alec was more positive....

"But, but.... wait, I..........uhhhhhhhhhh uh arh uhh" Tex 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment