Thursday 22 January 2009

Character Sheets Revisited

After shwoing team Pedro my character sheet of Cornelius we agreed the design was definately getting there and that it just needed cleaning up a bit. I decided I would like to attempt a concept in Photoshop as I have never used it as a mdeium in design work before. You are able to achieve sharp accurate proffesional drawings in it and constantly change things that look wrong unlike with the paint I used beforehand where no mistakes can be made. I was not too happy with my Cornelius painted character sheet as it looked a bit rough and uneven. I attempted to do the dumb gorillas character sheet in Photoshop to compare it with my hand drawn and painted one, the results were MUCH better. I was really happy with the photoshop version and so re-did cornelius' sheets using the same approach. Plus in photoshop you are able to match up the proportions and angles to ensure it makes sense from all angles! The 2 sheets I have completed so far can be seen below ....
























I attempted a 3/4 view of the dumb Gorilla but it was too hard with no reference image to get the perspective right so I will most probably draw the 3/4 for both characters. Below is my attempt....











As for back view, fellow team mate smith believes they will not be needed for the modeling process. We begin modelling on Monday, as scheduled, and I will try to get a rough back shot of each gorilla skecthed over the next couple of days just for reference. I doubt I will create the back views in photoshop for time reasons. I am pleased with group progress so far, all is well... we will meet tommorow and begin maya tests and tidy up unfinished drawings and views.

No comments:

Post a Comment