Tuesday 20 January 2009

Character Sheets

After showing the guys my final 3 Gorilla designs they decided they prefered the bannana head design (1). I totally agreed and so next up on the things to do list was to develop the body slightly further and start drawing the front, side, back and 3/4 views of Corneliius and William. I started this today at home and was suprised at how long it took just to do front and side of Cornelius, as the proportions had to match up exactly from both views as well as make sense. I also struggled to achieve a body which suited the design and is able to be rigged. I think I succeeded after a long day. He does have huge muscles but i think because of the claymation style it is ok for overlapping to occur when joints are bended, it will simply look like the play do is combining with itself. Plus all gorillas have big arms and muscles so its kind of hard to steer clear of that fact in the design. I made the hands involve 3 simple square shaped fingers and a thumb - not too difficult i hope. Legs are similarly shaped to arms but smaller. I tried to make all parts of his body a simple shape that could be easily modelled in maya as well as if he was to be modelled in real life play do. I then coloured the model sheet with water colour paints as I wanted a change of media from pencil - its boring me now! Also I achieved a really nice clay texture effect by dabbing and making randow brush marks - happy accident I guess. Anyway I will do back and 3/4 tommorow for Cornelius and as for the dumb one it will probably take up thursday and friday. I would like to get some pose sheets done over the weekend aswell....

No comments:

Post a Comment