Tuesday 3 March 2009

Hmmm - needs work

The hardest scene so far - the attractive ladies speech. I am happy with all my animated scenes so far, just not for this one. Its very hard to animate the mouth blenshapes because the only way to set a key is through the attribute editor or slider bars, thus meaning you cant see the keys you've set for each expression unless you go into the line graph:
















It makes changing durations of keys, deleting them and re timing them v. hard. I have struggled big time with the lip sync in particular. I hate to say it because of time restrictions and I know Alec will go mad, but, I think Im going to re animate the mouth AGAIN.

As for the movements and gestures he is making whilst talking - they are getting there. Today I made progress in having him gesture towards william with his right hand, scan up and down the page, and re grab the mag:

It was tough to mathc the speech with the right movements. I feel it needs slightly more punch - a bit faster, and jitterierrr - if thats a word. I hope to have this scene finished by tommorow eve - rendered. We are on schedule so i can afford to put the extra time into this one, and use thurs, fri and mon to animate the final scene. Alec rendered some good astablishing shots of the the 3 characters today and Tom rendered Mcglone sweeping and being wacked with the mag. Slowly getting there.....

No comments:

Post a Comment